Engineering Business Management online MSc
Advance as a leader in engineering and technology
Fuel your mind. Transform your career.
Develop an in-depth understanding of engineering and technology leadership concepts while gaining the skills and understanding of business, operations, and strategy to apply them in an engineering context.
Your studies will include business analysis, product development and supply chain management. You will explore the impact of new technologies, new managerial tools and theories on real-world engineering challenges. Throughout the course, you’ll develop a strong foundation in management essentials such as project management, strategy, operations and finance.
This course combines the academic excellence and industrial networks from the Faculty of Engineering & Design plus the EQUIS- and AMBA-accredited School of Management. Our distinguished lecturers draw upon their industry experience; this insight, underpinned by academic principles, fully prepares you for the next stage of your career.
EQUIS & AMBA accredited*
3 starts a year
Complete the form below for detailed course and pricing information and to be contacted by phone and email.
Note: * Required fielD.
Develop your leadership and professional skills
Our course’s lecturers help you gain expertise in leading-edge topics, supporting your development as a strategic manager and fueling your career advancement.
You will also be able to thrive in interdisciplinary teams, delivering impactful solutions to engineering and business challenges. Throughout the course you will gain professional skills in teamwork, communication, cross-cultural collaboration, conflict management, and strategic feedback to enhance your current position.
Build leadership skills to forge a successful career in engineering management, such as communication, networking, and adaptability, whilst addressing your own self-development needs.
Develop the necessary skills to make better managerial decisions utilising business data such as financial reports and market data.
Learn and apply key skills that create lasting value in a holistic sense. Recognise the relationships between engineering management and wider considerations of strategy, policy and society.
Online learning that is active and engaged
hands-on interactive assignments
interaction and networking
For people with existing work and lifestyle commitments, our online MSc courses are a passage to sought-after careers. Our Virtual Learning Environment makes our online Master of Science degrees as immersive as our on-campus courses. So, wherever you choose to study, you’ll always be engaged with the content, your lecturers and your fellow students.Request Info
Gain professional skills for engineering management
Our Engineering Business Management course gives you skills that you can apply to your job immediately. You’ll be able to initiate and manage engineering and technology projects, manage teams, formulate process improvement initiatives and make strategic decisions based on data you’ve gathered.
This course allows you to pursue several careers at the intersection of engineering, technology, business and management, such as:
- Business consultant
- Engineering manager
- Industrial engineering technician
- Manufacturing engineer
- Manufacturing/production technician
- Operations manager
- Procurement executive
- Product development engineer
- Production manager
- Project manager
What will you learn?
- Apply key managerial tools and theories to real-life engineering and technology management challenges
- Utilise leadership and professional skills for the effective management of engineering business projects, teams and organisations
- Evaluate the role of sustainable practice in engineering and technology-based organisations
- Assess the role of operations and supply chains in managing engineering organisations
- Lead and participate in product and service development teams and evaluate approaches considering an organisation’s innovation strategy
- Formulate appropriate process improvement initiatives affecting issues such as efficiency, cost and time
- Recognise and propose solutions for challenges associated with the commercialisation of new products, services or technologies
- Recognise approaches for working effectively in interdisciplinary teams, harnessing diversity to deliver solutions to engineering and technology management challenges
- Critically assess data and information from multiple sources to make strategic judgments and recommendations
More than 50 years of educational excellence
In 1966 the University of Bath was established by Royal Charter. Today we are established as a top 10* UK university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence. Additional rankings include:
1st for graduate prospects in mechanical engineering in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022*
Ranked 2nd for teaching satisfaction in mechanical engineering in the Guardian University Guide 2022*
Ranked 4th in Business and Management Studies by The Complete University Guide 2023*
‘After graduating, I started working as a project manager in a mid-sized company in West Germany in the Special Mission Aircraft Department. In my role, I coordinate, manage, monitor and communicate as an interface between our technicians, our suppliers, as well as our developers and also the customers.’— Carl-Philipp Riehle, Campus MSc Engineering Business Management graduate
Get in touch
Throughout the course you will gain professional skills in teamwork, communication, cross-cultural collaboration, conflict management, and strategic feedback to enhance your current position.Request more information
- ‘The best UK universities 2022 – rankings,” The Guardian University Guide 2022. Retrieved January 11, 2022, from www.theguardian.com.
*School of Management accreditation
**Rankings based on undergraduate data. Valid up to and including September 2023 intake. Tuition fees are liable to increase each January. You should budget for an increase of up to a maximum of 5% each year.